Ph Bonita Whitelock by Andy Holter
Here at Ground Swell CIC we are looking forward to another year working with the UKPSA and with new tour sponsors on board, this year’s junior tour is looking really promising. Running at Fistral on the 4th April, the first event of the year is always interesting as we see who’s been training hard over the winter, who’s improved and who are going to be the new faces for the coming year.
This year Ground Swell is trying a few initiatives to encourage new young surfers to give the junior tour a go. We are particularly keen to see more young women on the tour.
• If cost has been a barrier, we have secured funding to help subsidise entry fees for any surfers entering their first tour event.
• A competitors area so you’ve got somewhere to hangout.
• Experienced coaches on hand at the events to offer advice and guidance around competitive surfing.
• If you’re travelling and need to sort accommodation, we may be able to help.
• And for anyone entering their first event the opportunity to win a surfboard for the best performance in a heat.
We know competitive surfing isn’t for everyone but for those who may be considering it let us know what barriers are stopping you?
If you want to get involved get in touch, either with the tour, or us on Facebook at groundswellcic or email email@example.com
Glassing Monkey COTG (UKPSA) Events:
1. Glassing Monkey COTG Fistral Beach 4th April
2. Seawing COTG Fistral Beach 2nd 3rd May
3. Soul Surfboards COTG Fistral Beach 12th 13th June
4. Glassing Monkey UK Schools Fistral Beach 13th 14th July